MOMMY= ME

Growing Into Motherhood.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Shiit......ake

Image Source



Let's face it, sometimes it feels pretty darn good to throw out a few F bombs.  When you start mixing your own children into the equation, however, you try to be more conscience of what comes out of your mouth.  Of course this doesn't mean that your little "angel" won't pick up a few naughty words from the neighborhood delinquent, but this never stops a parent from trying to keep it clean.

Having a little girl who is 6 months old, I find myself trying to censor what comes out of my (and Daddy's) mouth.  So here are five alternate words we have come up with. Not saying that these are better than the actual swear word itself, but hey at least we are trying to be creative:


1) Mitch:  I am sure one day it will confuse Lyla who this "Mitch" person is.
2) Shiitake... Mushrooms:  Mommy sure does enjoy eating her fungi.
3) Son of a Motherless Goat:  A classic insult from the 1986 movie Three Amigos.
4) Bung Hole: Pirate slang that refers to a hole in a wooden barrel.  Betcha didn't know that one!
5) Mother Frogger: Sounds like a character in a kid's book.

I would love to hear what other kid friendly swear words are out there.  Post a comment and share!

5 comments:

Perpetual Pandemonium said...

We have a 7 month old son, and are also working on censoring our language! It shouldn't be as hard as it is, but we will eventually get the hang of it!

Brae Craig said...

Hahaha!!!! I can TOTALLY relate! (Although, I'm not as good at the recovery as you!) My husband is the king of saying things like:

Bovine Extrament! (Bull sh*t)
oh, jeez, I can't remember the others, he has a whole list of them.

I am following you back, thanks for your comment and follow on my blog!!! <3 Brae

EatDrinkBeRunning said...

New follower from Bloggy Moms! I commented yesterday but Oh Shitake, I forgot to follow you! LOL

Denise McDonough said...

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!
Instead of Shut The well you know...

Jordan Marie @ hottlt.com said...

I say ssss height.

Not too creative, but better than .. lol.

Haha.

<3xojo