MOMMY= ME

Growing Into Motherhood.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Remembering September

Image Source
Gee golly this month has gone by so quickly...it is hard to believe that Saturday will be October 1st!  September has always been one of my all time favorite months. A gold star in my book. This month receives its accolade for a number of reasons.  It is the teaser to that wonderful fall crisp air,  it is the month that Garrett proposed to me (in an apple orchard), and "picking" is in full effect.  

Taken right after he proposed in 2008


Pick apples, pick pears, pick pumpkins....oh how I am in heaven.  Every year when September rolls around I am in full force "orchard mode." Garrett used to be dumbfounded that I could be so happy picking fruit off of trees. I couldn't think of a better way to spend a beautiful day! I love moseying around rolling hills of hundreds of trees, breathing in fresh air, and searching for the best apples hidden amongst the branches (while stuffing my face at the same time).  I will admit I always end up eating at least 6 apples in 2 hours... if I were anywhere else other than an orchard I would be appalled.  We have been going to the same orchard for about 3 years now.  The Bean (a.k.a Lyla) has been there twice and she is only 7 months old.

Me and the Bean at the orchard 2010 :)

As soon as the orchard opened this month we were there! I couldn't wait to take Lyla apple picking.  It is a lot harder picking apples when you have an extra 20lbs strapped to the front of you...but it made me feel better about eating the 6 apples (and cider donuts).
Apple fun 2011




The first apple picked and the first bite!
Lyla's first taste!
 
I usually reserve pumpkin picking for October. It makes sense, right?  We have, however, already attempted our first corn maze with her. 
Totally lost

Needless to say we ultimately ended up sneaking to the finish, because a hungry baby needs food! Well... Mommy and Daddy were hungry too :)  We are determined to make it to the finish (legitimately) one day. I will miss you September, but I will see you again next year!

No comments: